The Green Soup
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small head of broccoli
6 kale leaves
2 celery sticks
4 cups vegetable stock, preferably low sodium or home made
1 tablespoon fresh scallions, garnish (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chop all the ingredients.
- Warm the oil on low heat, then add the leek and garlic and cook slowly for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the stock and the remaining vegetables and bring slowly to a boil. Cook for just a few minutes, until the zucchini is soft.
- Add salt and pepper, then blend or process the soup to the desired consistency, from smooth or chunky.
- Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with scallions.