Stir Fried Brown Rice With Veggies
This is a very versatile dish. Feel free to leave out the egg, add other vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, or red pepper. If you like spice, try using hot pepper toasted sesame oil drizzled on to of your serving.
2 cups of cooked brown rice, cooled or cold
2 eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or other oil
1 large carrot chopped into small cubes (about 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chopped broccoli
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 green onions sliced
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons tamari
- Heat ghee, butter or oil in a large pan on medium heat
- Add whisked eggs and cook through, breaking eggs in to small pieces, then set aside in a bowl, leaving pan clean.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan along with carrots and broccoli and cook until almost soft
- Add garlic and a pinch of salt and mix well for 1 minute
- Push veggies to one side and add cold or cooled rice to the pan along with a tiny bit more oil
- Add ginger and tamari on top of the rice then mix all of the ingredients together with the veggies.
- Turn heat up a bit to medium-high and stir fry the rice and veggies until the rice begins to brown a bit
- Remove from heat and add toasted sesame oil and eggs
- Top with green onions and serve