Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
½ cup celery ó chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup sweet potato ó diced
1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley leaves, rinsed, garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook over medium until they start softening, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook stirring constantly until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato, stock, water, salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the fresh parsley) and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.