Creamy Cauliflower Soup
2 tablespoons Ghee
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
¼ cup all-purpose flour or any gluten free alternative
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup Milk or Milk alternative
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (garnish)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat and melt ghee. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until barely crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If it is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan cheese.