Butternut Squash Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion ó chopped
2 garlic cloves ó minced
2 pounds butternut squash peeled ó seeds removed and cubed
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups vegetable broth. Use less if you prefer a thicker soup
2 cups almond milk
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoon Pistachios and scallions ó chopped (optional)
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add in the onion, stir to coat with olive oil and cook for about 2-4 minutes. Then, add in garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the butternut squash, salt, pepper, cayenne and oregano. SautÈ for about 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in vegetable broth and almond milk, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then to a simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, puree the soup ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with pistachios and scallions.