Beet & Sweet Potato Soup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion peeled and chopped
2 cups beets peeled and chopped
3 cups sweet potato peeled and chopped
2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
5 cups vegetable stock. use less if you prefer a thicker soup
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, add coconut oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions. Cook until browned.
- Add the beets, sweet potatoes, and carrots along with 5 cups of vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the parsley (save a bit for a garnish), paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Using an immersion hand blender or a blender puree the veggies.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.