Overnight Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
These pancakes are delicious served right away with yogurt, butter or maple syrup. They can also be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a toaster oven for a quick morning meal.
2 cups organic rolled oats
2 cups milk (almond, coconut, soy, dairy)
1 cup yogurt plus 1 cup water
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons coconut oil, ghee or butter
- In a large bowl or storage container whisk together the oats, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup, cover and place in refrigerator overnight
- In the morning remove from refrigerator and add mixture to a blender and blend for 10 seconds until mixture is combined but not smooth
- Add vanilla, baking powder and salt. Blend again for 5-10 seconds until combined.
- Add eggs last and blend quickly, batter should still be a tiny bit lumpy
- Heat a cast iron pan, griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, ghee or butter
- When oil is hot on pan add ¼ – 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles form. Flip pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Continue step 6 until batter is gone adding small amounts of oil in between if needed