Oven Baked White Fish with Crispy Potatoes
This dish is very versatile. You can use sweet potatoes or white potatoes, substitute the shallots with leeks or sweet onions and during the summer months, try adding zucchini, tomatoes or red pepper on top before baking.
1 ½ lb cod filets or any other white fish
1-2 lb small yellow or white potatoes boiled for 15-20 minutes until soft, cooled then pre- sliced into thin ½ inch rounds
2-3 shallots sliced chopped or sliced into thin half moons
¼ cup ghee or butter, gently melted
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly oil an 9 x 13 inch glass pan with olive oil or ghee
- Wash and pat dry fish and place in oiled pan
- Generously salt fish
- Next add the thinly sliced potatoes, on top of that place the sliced or chopped shallots.
- Pour the 1/4 cup melted ghee or butter over all the fish, potatoes and shallots
- Sprinkle with salt again and add pepper to your liking
- Bake at 400° F for 35 minutes.