Butternut Squash Noodles
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 cups spiralized butternut squash
(from two 10-12 inch butternut squashes)
½ cup mushrooms, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
½ cup vegetable stock
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, bell peppers and vegetable stock.
- Add in the butternut squash noodles and cook for 7-10 minutes (timing depends on the thickness of your noodles). I recommend using kitchen tongs to gently turn them as they cook. You will know that they are cooked when they soften and get smaller in volume.
- Divide the cooked noodles into bowls and sprinkle each bowl with parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley, if preferred.