Quinoa Stuffed & Acorn Squash
2 in small acorn squashes, sliced half with seeds removed
½ cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/8 cup vegetable broth
1 cup leek, chopped (approx. 1)
1/3 cup white onion, Diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup broccolini, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Olive Oil for Brushing
- Preheat oven to 375∫F. Get a large baking dish out, and add water to the bottom of it until the water is about 1/4″ tall. Place the squash cut-side-down into the dish and poke a couple of holes into the rinds with a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes and prep the filling while the squash is baking.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the quinoa and vegetable broth to it. Adjust the heat to low-medium and add the leeks, white onion, garlic, broccolini and red bell pepper, carrot to the cooked quinoa.
- Saute until the broccolini is tender, add italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the squash baking dish and flip the squash halves to face up. Apply a thin coat of Olive Oil to the squash then divide the quinoa mixture amongst the four halves.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 mins or until the squash is fork-tender.