This delicious granola combines sweet, earthy and spicy flavors and is packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber. You can serve it with milk, alternative milk, yogurt and fresh fruit.
4 cups rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup chopped finely chopped pecans or other nuts 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 325° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the oats, spices, coconut, and pecans in a large bowl and mix well
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined
- Spread oat mixture on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown, stirring once at the halfway point
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Add granola to a large bowl and mix in currants
- Store in airtight container for up to two weeks.