Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Cashew Cream
We are obsessed with sweet potatoes, and you should be, too! This root vegetable is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, such as vitamins B, C, D, calcium, iron, potassium, and much more. This recipe is delicious paired with chickpeas (one of our favorite plant-based proteins), kale, and cashews! Enjoy it year-round!
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1.5 teaspoon of coconut aminos or coconut oil
- 1 stalk of kale
- 1/3 teaspoon of paprika
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of cashews
- 1 cup of coconut or oat milk
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Wash the sweet potatoes and puncture some holes using a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and rub them with some of the olive oil. Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until they are ready.
- In the meantime, spread the chickpeas on a baking tray. Mix the olive oil, paprika, and milk and toss the mixture on the chickpeas. Roast for 20 minutes until crisp.
- Add the kale to the chickpeas with the remaining olive oil, milk, and salt. Mix well and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, or a high-speed blender, mix all the ingredients for the cashew cream together until it feels smooth. If you would like a thinner cream you can add a bit more of the milk.
- Slice open the sweet potatoes lengthways and pull them open. Fluff the inside with a fork and drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- Fill the sweet potatoes with the chickpeas and kale mixture and top with sliced avocado and cashew dressing.