Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Most kids know this favorite in a box, so we are here to share a fun, and healthy alternative that is loaded with protein and fiber. This version includes butternut squash, which adds vitamins, minerals and fiber to the dish while also adding some natural sweetness. You won’t miss the boxed variety after trying this!
Tip: Serve with a veggie for a complete meal.
- 1 box of plant-based pasta – we like Banza
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 package of grated cheese
- 1 whole butternut squash, cubed
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cut up the butternut squash into cubes
- Bring a pot to a bowl and add in the cubed butternut squash. Cook for 10-15 minutes
- When tender, add in the pasta.
- Drain when pasta is finished.
- Add in the milk, cheese, and salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes for a crispy layer